Best Rainbow Light Vitamins | WRIC ABC 8News
Which Rainbow Light vitamin is the best?
A balanced diet is the cornerstone of maintaining good health. The physical and mental benefits of good nutrition are well known, but even the healthiest people can struggle to get all the nutrients they need from food alone. This is why supplements and vitamins can be helpful and have become so popular.
Founded in Santa Cruz, California in 1981, Rainbow Light is committed to holistic wellness by offering a line of gluten-free, non-GMO, and environmentally friendly vitamins. Rainbow Light Men’s One multivitamin is best because it helps provide essential nutritional support.
What to know before buying Rainbow Light vitamins
Rainbow Light manufactures dozens of vitamins and supplements, but its most popular are:
- Multivitamins: These provide the daily intake of most essential vitamins and nutrients in a single serving. A multivitamin is your best bet if you only want one vitamin.
- Vitamin C: This essential vitamin strengthens the immune system, helps repair body tissues and helps maintain healthy bones and teeth.
- Vitamin D: Many people lack vitamin D. Vitamin D boosts your immune system, boosts mood, supports muscle growth and may reduce the risk of certain diseases.
- Immune Support: Rainbow Light contains a series of vitamins designed to boost immune health. They contain combinations of vitamins C and D, zinc and other essential nutrients.
Rainbow Light also offers probiotics, minerals and prenatal vitamins.
form of vitamin
Gone are the days when all vitamins came in pill form. Not all Rainbow Light products are available in all forms, but these forms include:
- Tablet: These are like traditional pills and are made entirely of the compound. They can also be split and crushed. They can easily adapt to high doses and tend to have a long shelf life.
- Capsule: They are similar to tablets, but the compound in capsules is enclosed in a shell. They cannot be split or crushed as easily, but the capsules have a higher bioavailability, meaning they can be more easily absorbed by the body.
- chewable: Ideal for children and those who have trouble swallowing pills, chewable vitamins are easy to eat and digest. But they often contain smaller doses of vitamins.
- Gummy: Like chewable vitamins, gummies were designed to taste better and are often easier to digest, but they usually don’t contain as many nutrients. They can be good for those who want to get into the habit of taking vitamins.
- Mini-tablet: For those who find it difficult to take full size pills, Rainbow Light makes vitamins in mini tablet form. These offer the same nutrients but have more pills per serving.
What to Look for in Quality Rainbow Light Vitamins
Stage of life
Pre-existing conditions or prescription medications can influence which vitamins you should take or avoid, so always consult your doctor. However, age also affects the nutrients your body needs, so Rainbow Light makes vitamins designed for adults, children, teens, and people over 50.
For those following a vegan or vegetarian diet, Rainbow Light manufactures vitamins that do not contain any animal products.
How Much You Can Expect to Spend on Rainbow Light Vitamins
Since the type and amount of vitamins can vary, it’s best to consider the cost per pill. These vitamins range from 17 to 30 cents per tablet, depending on their ingredients. Multivitamins or capsules containing more than one compound are more expensive than a single ingredient vitamin.
Rainbow Light Vitamin FAQs
Why can the color and taste vary from batch to batch?
A. Some herbal ingredients vary in color and taste due to growing conditions and the season of the year. Rainbow Light performs a quality inspection of each ingredient before using it, so any variation in color or taste will not affect the quality.
When should I take my vitamins?
A. Always follow the instructions on the package, which may vary depending on the vitamin. However, Rainbow Light vitamins are easy to digest, so most can be taken any time of the day. The most important thing is that you are consistent. Taking your vitamins with food is also helpful as it maximizes absorption.
What is the best Rainbow Light vitamin to buy?
Rainbow Light Vitamin Top
Rainbow Light Men’s One Multivitamin
What do you want to know: This high potency multivitamin is formulated with superfoods and probiotics for maximum health benefits.
What you will love: This non-GMO, vegetarian vitamin supports immune system, bone and brain health. It contains ideal levels of vitamin B2, B5, folate, zinc, vitamin A, folic acid, magnesium and niacin. It can help increase energy while supporting nerve and cell protection.
What you should consider: Due to FDA regulations, the formula for this vitamin changed in 2020, so if you’ve taken it before, review the ingredients.
Or buy: Sold by iHerb and Amazon
Best Rainbow Light vitamin for the money
Rainbow Light Just once Calcium
What do you want to know: Support your teeth and bones with this calcium vitamin. It is associated with magnesium and vitamin D3 to improve the absorption of calcium.
What you will love: It includes natural supplements including organic spirulina, stinging nettle and horsetail to promote energy. This hypoallergenic vitamin contains no gluten, artificial additives, wheat, milk, tree nuts, soy or animal products.
What you should consider: If you are currently taking medication or have any medical conditions, consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use.
Or buy: Sold by iHerb and Amazon
Worth checking out
Rainbow Light Prenatal One Multivitamin
What do you want to know: You can support baby and mom’s health with this prenatal vitamin that’s safe and ideal to take from conception through breastfeeding.
What you will love: This provides essential nutrition with vitamins A, C, D and zinc, while B-complex vitamins help maintain your energy. Loaded with folic acid, this formula supports the development of a child’s spine and brain during the early stages of pregnancy.
What you should consider: This big pill can be hard for some to swallow.
Or buy: Sold by iHerb and Amazon
Do you want to buy the best products at the best prices? Check out the daily deals from BestReviews.
Sign up here to receive the weekly BestReviews newsletter for helpful tips on new products and great deals.
ryan dempsey written for BestReviews. BestReviews has helped millions of consumers simplify their buying decisions, saving them time and money.
Copyright 2022 BestReviews, a Nexstar company. All rights reserved.