Graduate intern for men’s and women’s swimming jobs
Terms & Conditions
- Bachelor’s degree and admission to one of Regis College’s graduate programs.
- Previous successful college playing or coaching experience is preferred; significant experience in high school or in a club considered.
- Ability to maintain the University’s commitment to inclusive excellence in a diverse educational community.
- A positive attitude and an understanding of the importance of being open-minded and flexible.
- Excellent communication, computer and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work flexible and irregular hours as a member of the team or independently.
- Ability to problem solve, prioritize and multitask within a set time frame while paying attention to detail.
- Appropriate First Aid / CPR and AED certifications are required within an appropriate rental timeframe and must be completed (in accordance with NCAA regulations) prior to the start of the competitive season.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Allowance and benefits
- Allowance of $ 4,000 (paid over 10 months).
- Free room and full meal plan for 10 months.
- Tuition discount for two (2) qualifying Regis graduate courses / semester, with a maximum of six graduate courses (18 credits) per academic year.
- The following campus programs are eligible for the tuition rebate: 30 master’s credits in strategic communication, 60 master’s credits in counseling (24 credits are not covered by the tuition rebate. Supervised field experience must be completed upon completion of the graduate trainee role.) and 33 master’s degree credits in health administration.
- The following fully online quality programs for tuition remittance based on available space: 36 master’s credits in student success, 39 master’s credits in accounting (3 credits are not covered by fee remission of tuition.), 42 master’s credits in public health (6 credits are not covered by the tuition fee rebate.), and 30 master’s credits in social work.
- Courses in graduate programs in Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Applied Behavior Analysis, and Doctor of Education are not eligible for tuition rebates.
- Opportunities for training and professional development.
- Flexible hours.
NOTE: This is a 10 month position, with the option of continuing the position for an additional 10 months (maximum 20 months).
Working conditions / physical demands
- Conditions include a normal office environment, free from extreme temperatures, noise, odors, etc.
- Work in the evening and on weekends is to be expected.
- Can spend long periods at the terminal, on the phone, or using other office devices, requiring hand-eye coordination and finger dexterity.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to that work. The above does not purport to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities and tasks required.
External and internal candidates, as well as job holders who become disabled under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (as listed) either without assistance or with ‘reasonable accommodation assistance to be determined by management. case by case.
In employment, as in education, Regis College is committed to equal opportunities and affirmative action. Regis does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in uniformed services or any other protected status.