Men’s ice hockey announces promotional schedule for 2021-22 season
ORONO, Maine – The University of Maine Men’s Ice Hockey Team is delighted to welcome Black Bear fans to the Alfond Arena and has several exciting fan promotions planned for the 2021-22 season!
October 22 and 23 vs SacrÃ©-CÅur
-Weekend opening of the house
-Welcome to the Black Bears at the Alfond arena for their first home game of the 2021-22 season.
-On Friday, October 22, the Black Bears will hold a pre-game tribute in memory of head coach Red Gendron.
-Fans of each of the home games will be able to claim their free official 2021-22 season poster.
November 5 and 6 against UConn
-Join the Black Bears for a Whiteout presented by OTO on November 5th. Wear white, be loud as the Black Bears host UConn for their first Hockey East home game of the season.
– Brought to you by Mainely Supplements, the Black Bears want you to celebrate the best of fall and winter with a double header on the football and hockey campus on November 6. Black Bears fans in attendance will receive a free koozie.
November 12 and 13 against Merrimack
– It’s a throwback Friday as Maine hosts 90’s Night, presented by Orono Brewing Company on November 12th.
– On November 13, the Black Bears will host the University of Maine Faculty and Staff Evening presented by Bangor International Airport.
Nov. 27 vs. UMass-Lowell (in Portland)
– Join the Black Bears in Portland and celebrate the best of Maine with State Pride Day, presented by MEMIC and Key Bank.
December 3 and 4 against Vermont
– On December 3, we recognize the impact of doctors and nurses in our community who have impacted COVID-19 control at Frontline Heroes Night, presented by St. Joseph Healthcare,
– Celebrate the best of University of Maine fraternities and sororities with Greek Night presented by Pepsi on December 4th.
10 and 11 Dec. vs Union
– It’s the holiday season and we want you to celebrate with the Black Bears on December 10th with Holiday Night, presented by GAC Chemical.
– In the last game of calendar year 2021, attend Meet the Bears on December 11 as you can join the team for post-game skating on the ice.
January 7 and 8 against Alaska Anchorage
– In the first game of 2022 on January 7, it’s Military Appreciation Night, presented by Dead River Company and Key Bank.
– January 8 is Youth Night presented by Bangor Savings Bank. All members of the Bananas Cub Club presented by Bangor Savings Bank will receive free entry, with parents also receiving a 50% discount on their ticket.
January 28 vs. Boston College
– As part of Hockey East’s Skating Strides initiative, Maine will host its Breast Cancer Awareness Night presented by the Orono and CITGO hotels on January 28.
February 18-19 vs. New Hampshire
It’s the Battle of the Frontier presented by Buffalo Wild Wings and âBeat UNHâ weekend as the Black Bear men’s and women’s hockey teams host the New Hampshire Wildcats for a series of weekends.
– 4 games, 4 “Beat UNH” t-shirts: For each game against New Hampshire, fans will receive a new “Beat UNH” jersey in a different color from the Maine school. Try to collect all 4!
March 4 and 5 vs. Boston University
– Maine concludes its home program with Fan Appreciation Night on March 4 presented by Maine Dairy and Senior Night on March 5 presented by Bangor Savings.
Don’t miss a second of the action! Be sure to reserve your seats today by becoming a member of the Maine Men’s Ice Hockey Season or purchasing your individual game tickets by calling 207.581.BEAR or online at GoBlackBears.com/tickets.