Why everyone’s talking about adaptogens – and why you need them in your life
Known as nature’s superheroes, adaptogens will help you thrive – not just survive – through life’s ups and downs, in and out of the gym.
These herbal miracle workers are a group of herbs that support your body’s natural ability to cope with stress – both physical and mental. And while you may not know their name, these herbal pharmaceuticals – including holy basil, Siberian pine, Ashwagandha and Schisandra Berry – have been used for centuries in Chinese and Ayurvedic medicines, most notably by Russians and Vikings for their extreme energy capabilities.
What theyre doing:
Each adaptogen has a slightly different function, but overall these herbs work to:
1.Apply long-term sources of stress and hormonal imbalances by increasing your resistance to stress, relieving anxiety and depression
2. improve your attention span and improve your mental performance,
3. increase endurance and fight fatigue by maintaining energy levels – no more afternoon falls!
4. Boost the immune system and sexual health. The more stress our bodies deal with, the less likely we are to get sick
5. decrease the chances of weight gain by reducing the stress hormone cortisol related to belly fat
Designed by a team of scientists and nutritionists, the 100% natural Doctor V line owned and manufactured by Aussie harnesses these unique benefits of adaptogenic herbs in four dynamic drinks – with only half the caffeine and sugar content found in other energy drinks:
- Fitness Fanatics: Need Siberian Rush with adaptogenic herbs and high performance berries to deliver long lasting, adrenaline-style energy without unwanted subsequent crashes. Rich in nutrient rich wild sea buckthorn plant, traditionally used in Russia, Eastern Europe and Scandinavia for short and long term energy boost.
- Big Thinkers: Need Brain Storm which uses the adaptogenic Eastern European herb Schisandra, known to reduce stress levels and unwanted fatigue while giving a high performance brain boost. The dark red berry is also renowned for its ability to maintain and stabilize mental and physical strength while promoting long-term health. It is combined with Rowanberry juice rich in antioxidants and vitamin C, known for its immune boosting abilities.
- Party Sneak Peek: Need for Bender Mender created specifically to speed recovery from a scorching hangover – stay away from fried food, folks! This will allow you to get back on your feet, perform at your best, in a minimum of time or fuss. It helps with hydration and includes nutrient-dense and slightly bitter berries, including juniper berry used in traditional oriental medicine to protect the liver and kidneys, in addition to helping calm an upset stomach. Pour this restorative drink before and after the big night.
- Welfare Warriors: Need Karma Karma for a more balanced, positive outlook on life and a smooth energy boost. In addition to using adaptogenic anti-stress herbs and pine needle extract, a key ingredient is a Mexican-origin Damiana plant, traditionally used for centuries as an aphrodisiac, and to stimulate and maintain (between leaves) mental and physical endurance.
If you let adaptogens do for your adrenal glands what exercise does for your muscles, you will begin to train your body to better manage what life throws at you. When we adapt to stress, we feel better and perform better. Doctor V drinks are available athttps://doctorv.com.au/ Use #menshealth for 15% off online.